Welcome to Andersen Stringed Instruments; the final chapter
March 1, 2022
After long consideration, I’ve decided to hang up my shop apron and retire.
I have been building guitars full-time since 1980, and did it as a hobby for seven years before that. I’ve prospered as a guitar builder and enjoyed a very satisfying measure of success. And so with that, I’ve decided now is the best time for me to walk away.
I will no longer be taking orders for guitars, doing repairs on guitars, or acting as a seller of used Andersen guitars.
Tonewood for sale
Over the years I have been relentless in the pursuit of high quality Tonewoods, having collected more that I could ever use. So I’m currently selling the remaining materials. (I’ve sold a few hundred spruce archtop guitar sets to well-known luthier supply houses.) I will be listing other woods materials on this page. As a start, here are a few of the woods I’m offering for sale (more photos to follow):
Below, red spruce archtop set, $220. Click on photo for a very large image.
- Below sister sets Red spruce, $300 for the pair. Click for larger image
- (Below) European cello backs I imported from Germany in 2004. Vertical grain, nice color and figure. I built several archtop guitars with this wood, and it works beautifully. Four available, $1000/set. Click on image for larger photo.
- Western maple for archtop guitar backs. 10-30 years old. (Inquire for more info-I Have not taken photos of these yet.)
- I’m still going through my inventory, but I also I have celluloid for binding (Ivoroid and Tortoise patterns) a unique tortoise shell pattern know as “Dalmatian” for flattop pickguards.
- Brazilian rosewood for guitar bridges and fingerboards. Inquire.
Info@AndersenGuitars.com 206-782-8630 (phone calls only, no texts please.)