Serial No. 506-Built 2014
This guitar differs from my usual Electric Archie, which has two pickups and a semi-carved top. This version is built with a fully carved and braced engelmann spruce top, which gives it a more acoustic voice. I chose to bind the entire guitar in tortoise shell celluloid; it has a very subtle pattern that I like.
I’ve made a number of hybrid guitars like this and I really like the result. The mounted pickup, 16-fret neck joint, body size and overall feel make this guitar work for those who generally plug in to play. At the same time, the guitar has a very nice acoustic voice that will appeal to players who are familiar with acoustic archtops.
- Body width 14″
- Body depth 2.5″
- Engelmann spruce top
- Western maple back and sides
- Eastern maple neck
- Tortoise shell binding on body, neck, peghead and pickguard
- 1 3/4″ wide nut
- 24.9″inch scale
- Handmade brass tailpiece with a satin nickel plating
- Custom made “bakelite” volume and tone knobs
- Seymour Duncan Phat Cat pickup
- Light Gold Tone coloring under a nitrocellulose lacquer finish
For more information email: email@example.com